Posted by Art Of Legend India [dot] Com On 2:30 AM
Fires are mercifully rare and truly damaging ones rarer still. However, everybody should be aware of the common causes of fires in order that they can avoid any potentially dangerous situations. Here are a few ways in which house fires are often started.
Candles are often used for their scent or for moody lighting. They should never be left unattended and certainly should not be left burning when you go to bed at night. Also ensure that you use sturdy candle holders which will not fall over and don't keep them on cluttered surfaces or near anything which might catch light.
Many electrical goods generate significant heat. For example, hair straighteners are a growing cause of domestic fires. However, anything that is plugged into the mains could potentially cause a fire if there is faulty or damaged wiring. Check cables for damage and if in doubt, don't use the item in question.
These kinds of things may seem obvious, but you only need to make one mistake for a major fire to ensue. It is also vitally important to inculcate this thinking into children from an early age as they too could end up responsible for starting a fire.